TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Jigzaw Interiors Limited Terms and Conditions of Sale
- In these conditions Jigzaw Interiors is referred to as “the Company”.
- The party signing the contract is referred to as the “Customer”.
- “The Goods” means the kitchen furniture and cabinetry, appliances, bespoke wooden furniture, bathroom fixtures and furniture, flooring and any other items ordered by the Customer for supply, delivery and/or installation by the Company.
- Prices or specifications as shown in brochures, advertisements, and by way of samples are correct at the time of going to press, errors and omissions excepted.
- Prior to the deposit being paid, the Company reserves the right to alter any price or specification in the event of the manufacturers or other suppliers to the Company altering the same and the quoted price for the goods may also be varied by additions upwards in accordance with market conditions at the date of actual supply and the Customer shall pay the quoted price and any other additions as well as, if it be the case, any alterations by the manufacturers or other suppliers in the price.
- Prices will be those ruling at the date of the order and payment of the deposit. Any payment query is to be made within 24 hours of the date of deposit payment. All prices exclude VAT which is due at the rate currently in force and shown separately. Quotations remain current for 30 days.
- If a quotation is given it is the best estimate of the final cost but may be subject to fluctuation due to exigencies of the job which may be difficult or impossible to foresee (see 2.6., 2.8, 6.2., 6.3. and 6.6. below).
- Under some circumstances the Company may cancel the contract without notice or compensation. Such circumstances would include inability to obtain materials, labour and supplies, strikes, lock outs and other forms of industrial action or dispute, fire, flood, drought, weather conditions, war, civil disturbance, Act of God or any other cause beyond the Company’s control making it impossible to fulfil the contract.
- Any plan drawn by the Company is their property and copyright and may not be reproduced or used in whole or in part by any other persons without written consents. Where the Company agrees to provide a specifically designed plan, the Customeragrees to check the accuracy and suitability of the plan. (The illustrations may show items such as plants, toasters etc for realism but please note that these are not included). If the Customer requests a copy of the designs, plans or illustrations to take away at the quotation stage an amount of £199 payment will be required by the Company which will be refunded to the Customer only if the order is accepted when the deposit is placed.
- It is the responsibility of the Customerto check, before confirming acceptance and placing a deposit or order, that all the items and the design layouts quoted for and thereafter ordered meet all their requirements exactly and to be aware that the latest quotation and order specifications may or may not include some optional extras (e.g. doors in-frame, pilasters or decorative end panels) so may therefore differ from the pictures displayed in the catalogues, brochures, design illustrations or the Studio displays. Where orders are based on details provided by the Customer, such quotations are subject to the accuracy of those measurements and/or information and the Company shall not be held responsible for inaccuracies in the measurements and/or information provided.
- Any measurements taken are from accessible and visible parts of the room and allow small, industry standard tolerances for uneven walls. If, however on removal of the kitchen it becomes apparent that the walls, floors or ceilings are uneven beyond these tolerances, theCustomer shall be held responsible for any costs incurred to “make good” the walls, floors or ceilings or to change the sizes of the units to fit. No liability is accepted for any consequential loss or damage whatsoever or however caused.
- All order changes; product or location modifications must be put in writing. Design changes may result in an additional design fee being incurred. The Customer will be notified in writing if any additional charges are applicable.
- Acceptance of the goods implies acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Company accepts a cancellation of an order or part thereof, for any reason whatsoever, they reserve the right to charge the Customer with the amount of any losses or expenses incurred as a result of such cancellation.
- The Customer is responsible for obtaining all necessary planning permission and Local Authority consents and permissions for the work to be carried out and no responsibility attaches to the Company in the event that they have not.
- Our Guarantee is not transferable.
- Payment terms will be not less than 50% non-refundable deposit of the total invoice cost, payable on acceptance of the quotation for Supply and Fit.
- Payment two will form not less than 100% of the total kitchen cost and is payable either by Cash, bank transfer or Credit Card/Debit Card a week in advance of the agreed delivery date.
Bank Details: Barclays PLC
Sort Code: 20-90-74
Account Number: 33165752
For Supply Only: The 100% invoice price is payable at point of ordering via the above methods.
- For installation, 50% deposit is required at the time of order. All works will be subject of a staged plan and further payments will be required in accordance with the personalised staged plan, which forms part of the final sale invoice. Late payment of invoices under the staged plan will result in no further works being undertaken.
- If a payment is not made, the Company reserves the right not to make delivery of the goods or to terminate this contract.
- Ownership of the goods shall remain with the Companyand shall not pass to the Customer until the agreed price for them, together with all other sums due from the Customer to the Company have been paid and cleared in full.
- Shortage of goods, damage or defects must be notified within 24 hours of delivery.
- The Company cannot accept liability for delay in dispatch or delivery.
- Delivery and installation dates are not binding and the Company will use their best endeavours to meet delivery and installation dates but where these are altered as much notice as possible will be given.
- The Companywill provide products to the quality shown on display. In the production of solid wood and veneered doors, great care is exercised in the selection of materials. However, being a “living” natural product it is not possible, nor is it felt desirable to strive for total uniformity of shading and grain pattern. The aim is, at all times, to operate within controlled parameters which recognise that some variation is both acceptable and aesthetically pleasing.
- When installing a wooden product into a new property or extension it is strongly advised that the building is first dry, well ventilated and adequately heated.
- Please be aware that laminated worktops, LVT, Vinyl, Tiles, Carpets, Laminated wood, may vary from the samples in the showroom and also granite/Quartz/solid surfaces could have shade and pattern variations which may vary from the samples in the showroom. All should be thoroughly checked and accepted by the Customer for acceptable colour match prior to cutting and installation.
- A template for granite/quartz/solid surfaces will be made on site during the installation for complete accuracy of measurement and, subject to the supplier’s workload, will usually be ready to be fitted within the following 7-14 working days.
- You must ensure the products you have choose or are recommended are suitable for your water system to ensure adequate water pressure is achieved.
- All products are covered by the relevant manufacturer’s guarantees and as such any liability in respect of faulty goods is the manufacturer’s responsibility. Kitchen furniture and cabinetry are protected with 10-year Gold manufacturers guarantee. All other goods are subject of standard manufacturers guarantee details of which is available upon request.
- Payment must not be withheld in respect of a particular product e.g. appliance; however, the Company will use their best endeavours to help the Customer to pursue any claim for repair or replacement as quickly as possible (excluding any legal costs).
- The kitchen fitting is always carried out by the Company’s team of reliable, qualified and trusted bona-fide sub-contractors (hereafter known as the Installers) who are liable for all aspects of the installation and who are covered by their own liability insurance.
- If during the pre-fit survey or during fitting it is found that the existing electric, gas or water installations do not meet current regulations (e.g. British Standard BS7671 Part P Electrical Regulations) or safety considerations requiring additional works, the cost of these or any other necessary additional works will be quoted for separately and only carried out with the permission of the Customer.
- If the gas supply is not “to point” it may be necessary to extend the pipe work via the best available route which may be outside, or via the ceiling, or via the floor of the property in compliance with safety regulations. The need to do this may only become apparent during the installation and the cost of these or any other necessary additional works will be quoted for separately and only carried out with the permission of the Customer.
- The kitchen and/or utility will be designed and installed subject to the dimensions and specifications in the latest signed plan. Any subsequent building work undertaken or architects’ plans should match these exactly and no liability attaches to the Company for any consequential loss arising from any changes or alterations to the property which do not exactly match the dimensions stated in the latest plan agreed with theCustomer and the Company. It is the responsibility of the Customer to notify any subsequent changes which are made.
- The Company reserves the right to postpone the installation if any building preparation work is not fully completed in time (e.g. the plaster is still wet on the walls or the work is not completed to the specifications shown in the latest agreed plan see also 6.4 above).
- Removal of any pre-existing unit or old fixtures may cause some damage to surrounding areas. The agreed price does not cover “making good”, neither does it cover painting, decoration, plastering or tiling unless specifically stated.
- All fitting carried out under this agreement is subject to the Installers’ own standard 12 months workmanship guarantees.
- The Installers will use reasonable endeavours to keep disruption to water, gas and electricity supplies to the minimum reasonably practicable. The installation will be carried out as quickly as possible; however, no time penalties will be incurred by theCompany in respect of the time taken for completion.
- Installation work may cease at any time should it be identified or suspected that there is a situation which may cause a hazard to life or property. Where such a situation found to be present, theInstallers will reserve the right not to resume work until the situation is declared safe.
- Please be aware that unless it is specifically stated and agreed all tile adhesive, grout and trims needs to be discussed, organised and paid for between the customer and the company and or the installer.
- As a service provider we realise that the installers have a duty to perform their trade with reasonable care and skill. We ask that you safeguard personal items to limit the possibility of accidental damage in the kitchen or adjacent areas. We cannot be held responsible either during delivery or during installation as we have detailed this to you in these terms and conditions.
- For Supply Only: If theCustomer is carrying out their own installation using their own Installers (i.e. Supply Only), the Company is not liable for any aspect of the installation including errors, faulty or poor workmanship or damage. For Supply Only contracts the Customer is solely responsible for taking delivery of the Goods and for checking the order and reporting any errors omissions or damage within 24 hours when the Company’s responsibilities will otherwise cease.
- By paying the deposit you have entered into an agreement to adhere to these Terms and Conditions.